Monday 2 August 2010

iPhone dev - iOS4 breaks things

Okay, I'll admit it. I've been slack. The last version of DoodUrls for iPhone is reeeealy old now. It doesn't work under iOS 4. It's a sad day ;-(

I have not had any time to fix the app. It's not just a simple case of bashing out a few tweaks too. I had a long look at why it was crashing and came to the conclusion that the iOS 4 SDK was not giving me any useful answers! I will have another look in the upcoming weeks, but at the moment I'm very snowed under with real life.

My theory now is, do a complete iOS 4 re-write, using my "all I learned" experience. This is the route I'll travel, I'm not sure when that'll be though. As it stands, DoodUrls seems to have pretty much dried up through lack of content. I might put plan B in to action - plan B is to create my own feed via a group Twitter account. Call it something comparable and have at it.

Watch this space. I suspect it'll all be pie in the sky for the foreseeable future anyway :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment